 Administrative / Suggestions / 306
  Re: Lugnet Chat

(...) No sarcasm intended, I was thinking of identity theft issues. Jude (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Lugnet Chat

(...) Some thoughts on chat and identity theft issues: I wouldn't generally think of NNTP or e-mail as being the clients of choice for a chat room, I would see logging on through a web client as being the means of use. Of course this might make chat (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Lugnet Chat

"Jude Beaudin" <shiningblade@rogers.com> wrote in message news:Gw7o4o.2pM@lugnet.com... (...) If it was built on IRC you could require authentication on connection using your Lugnet member id and password, and have it all tied together. That way (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Lugnet Chat

(...) I'd make the suggestion that maybe it's only available to members (an added benefit of membership) or at least have a room (or rooms) available to members only, and the identity displayed is the name on your membership page (or an alias (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)