 Administrative / Suggestions / 257
Re: Suggest a group ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 17:29:32 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Larry Pieniazek writes:

I would like to suggest that a group (groups?) be created for focused
discussion of parts files so that cad.dat.parts can return to being a group
that has dat files posted to it and little else.

I am not sure of the correct name... it probably should NOT have the
"upload/attach DAT file" feature.

But it feels like maybe lugnet.cat.dat.parts.discuss might be the right name.

Meow!

Other possible names:

lugnet.cad.dev.parts
lugnet.cad.dev.ldraw.org.parts (ouch! too long!)
lugnet.cad.org.ldraw.parts (this one implies a reorg of other .cad group(s))
lugnet.cad.ldraw.parts     (reasonable, but too far from existing names)

Alternate suggestion:  amend the charters for the groups in the
lugnet.cad.dat.* hierarchy to allow discussion of DAT topics, especially as
related to LDraw part-library development.

Steve