 Administrative / Suggestions / 249
    Authenticating Posts is a real Pain —David Stonestreet
   Its a great disencentive when using a Newsreader to post to Lugnet that I have to: wait to recieve an email, reply to the email, click in the email, type an "x", que and send the email For every single post I make in Lugnet. My newsreader can send a (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Authenticating Posts is a real Pain —Troy Cefaratti
     I agree with Dave on this, it would be easier if the news server required password authentication instead of having to reply to every post that I make via e-mail. Troy "David Stonestreet" <rockroad@-takeout-mac.com> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 12-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Authenticating Posts is a real Pain —William Swanberg
   Let me also second this. I often view Lugnet while at work, and I cannot always get my home email, so posting through a newsreader is an exercise in futility because my post won't even show up until a day later. Even when I do post from home and can (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Authenticating Posts is a real Pain —Frank Filz
   (...) We do need a better way to authenticate but unfortunately, the NNTP password system just doesn't do what is necessary. I haven't noticed too much lag, though every once in a while, an authentication e-mail never arrives (Dan sent me an e-mail (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)