 Administrative / Suggestions / 18
Re: My LUGNET Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 18:52:21 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Jeromy Irvine writes:
I would like to see a "My LUGNET" page that would let me track the messages
that I've posted, as well as providing the ability to create a Favorite
Groups list so that I can jump quickly to the groups that I like to read.

--
Jeromy Irvine
irvinej@accuvera.com

You can always add to your Lugnet webpage to accomplish these things:
http://www.lugnet.com/~888/

If you're logged in, you should see a button to start the editing of your
page. You'll have to learn FTX code, but it's not difficult.

To make a link, simply enter the address in <>, for example:
<http://news.lugnet.com/technic TECHNIC NEWSGROUP>
will create a link that appears "TECHNIC NEWSGROUP" and will then take you
to that newsgroup.

Finding your posts is a little difficult, but one way is to just search for
your name. If you want to search in a specific newsgroup, try this:
http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?q=jeromy+irvine

If you want to create a link to a search, then try this (again, FTX code):
<http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?q=jeromy+irvine SEARCH TECHNIC>

Hopefully one day we'll have more advanced search options, like to search by
date, or only original posts, or only follow up posts, etc.

TJ