 Administrative / Suggestions / 1602
  JLUG - Do we need a newsgroup on LUGNET?

Rene, Now that JLUG is older than 2 years, I think it would probably be safe to say that it is an international organization that is here for the long haul. Would it be worth while to have a JLUG newsgroup under .org like SciBrick has? Also, I think (...) (17 years ago, 16-Feb-07, to lugnet.admin.suggestions) !

  Re: JLUG - Do we need a newsgroup on LUGNET?

(...) Well, it seems JLUG comes up in discussions on LUGNET more than SciBrick does... Cheers Richie Dulin (17 years ago, 16-Feb-07, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: JLUG - Do we need a newsgroup on LUGNET?

(...) Except the discussions about SciBrick tend to be a little more heated than those about Jlug. (17 years ago, 16-Feb-07, to lugnet.admin.suggestions) !

  Re: JLUG - Do we need a newsgroup on LUGNET?

(...) Why? If you want to talk about JLUG, why not do it on JLUG? I don't see the point of adding a Lugnet newsgroup for it. JLUG has its own forums, while SciBrick didn't. - Kelly (17 years ago, 16-Feb-07, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: JLUG - Do we need a newsgroup on LUGNET?

(...) So you are saying we should have a LEGOFAN.org ng here? ;-) Jude Sorry Kelly, but I could not resist. X-FUT .o-t.fun (17 years ago, 16-Feb-07, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.off-topic.fun) !

  Re: JLUG - Do we need a newsgroup on LUGNET?

(...) I don't know why people don't go to JLUG to talk about JLUG, but there seems to be a desire to talk about JLUG here from time to time: (URL) I don't see the point of adding a Lugnet newsgroup for it. JLUG has its (...) Maybe people just like (...) (17 years ago, 16-Feb-07, to lugnet.admin.suggestions) !

  Re: JLUG - Do we need a newsgroup on LUGNET?

(...) Heh... when we can get that site back online, that is. And since LF will probably no longer have substantial forums... that's actually a possibility. ;) But I was REALLY thinking we need more discussion here about BZPower and all things (...) (17 years ago, 16-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: JLUG - Do we need a newsgroup on LUGNET?

(...) (URL) (17 years ago, 16-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: JLUG - Do we need a newsgroup on LUGNET?

(...) Now that made me smile! :) And if I may be so bold--we do have a forum here for all things JLuggy, and it has the added benefit of contributing to high mirth for *most* members in this group-- (URL) (1) Dave K 1- well, not affiliated with JLug (...) (17 years ago, 16-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: JLUG - Do we need a newsgroup on LUGNET?

(...) Hi Jude, (...) since it neither cause violent effort, nor will devour technical resources, I could set up a ng for JLUG. Unless anybody has substantiated counter-arguments. I will wait for a result on (URL) issue> and create both groups at (...) (17 years ago, 16-Feb-07, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: JLUG - Do we need a newsgroup on LUGNET?

(...) LOL, Rene, while I thank you for your kindness in consideration, and Jude for his suggestion (I am so going to kick your butt for this one Jude), I do not want JLUG "news" (or lack there of) to be part of LUGNET (or a larger part that it has (...) (17 years ago, 17-Feb-07, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: JLUG - Do we need a newsgroup on LUGNET?

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, C. L. GunningCook wrote: <snip> (...) You got class. Dave K (17 years ago, 17-Feb-07, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)