 Administrative / Suggestions / 1612
Re: JLUG - Do we need a newsgroup on LUGNET?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2007 07:59:49 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Rene Hoffmeister wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Jude Beaudin wrote:
   Rene,

Now that JLUG is older than 2 years, I think it would probably be safe to say that it is an international organization that is here for the long haul.

Would it be worth while to have a JLUG newsgroup under .org like SciBrick has?

Also, I think JLUG should be added to the org/dates page (http://news.lugnet.com/org/dates), as far as I can tell it was started Feb 2, 2005.

Thanks,

Jude

Hi Jude,

   Would it be worth while to have a JLUG newsgroup under .org like SciBrick has?

since it neither cause violent effort, nor will devour technical resources, I could set up a ng for JLUG. Unless anybody has substantiated counter-arguments.

I will wait for a result on this issue and create both groups at once next week.

Leg Godt! Rene

LOL, Rene, while I thank you for your kindness in consideration, and Jude for his suggestion (I am so going to kick your butt for this one Jude), I do not want JLUG “news” (or lack there of) to be part of LUGNET (or a larger part that it has already been). If ppl want JLUG crap, they know where to find it.

In fact, out of respect for LUGNET, I personally would like request that all our members, both here and there, keep what’s on JLUG, on JLUG... and not drag it over here. It’s has only caused problems in the past, and filled my inbox with too much drama.

Sincerly

Janey “Red Brick”,

Founder, and one half of the admin of JLUG.