 Administrative / Suggestions / 1608
Re: JLUG - Do we need a newsgroup on LUGNET?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 03:26:37 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Jude Beaudin wrote:
Rene,

Now that JLUG is older than 2 years, I think it would probably be safe to say
that it is an international organization that is here for the long haul.

Would it be worth while to have a JLUG newsgroup under .org like SciBrick has?

Why? If you want to talk about JLUG, why not do it on JLUG?

I don't know why people don't go to JLUG to talk about JLUG, but there seems to
be a desire to talk about JLUG here from time to time:

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=53100

http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=28035

http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=13417

I don't see the point of adding a Lugnet newsgroup for it. JLUG has its
own forums, while SciBrick didn't.

Maybe people just like to observe and comment on the community, rather than be
part of it?

Cheers

Richie Dulin