 Administrative / Suggestions / 115
Re: change password & lost password
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 19:00:52 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, William R. Ward writes:

Almost every website that uses passwords has an ability to change the
password, and a "Forgot my password" link on the login screen.  LUGNET
doesn't (that I can find, anyway).  I think this is a serious
shortcoming, since the only way to get a password reset involves
having it be sent by the admins in plaintext e-mail, which is very
poor security.

The change password option should be visible on the user's 'edit my
profile' page, and should require re-entering the old password.

There is a change password page. It's a bit hard to find, though. This is
the page to change your password:

http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/pw/

I agree that a link to it from the 'edit my profile' page would be handy.

Hope that helps.