 Administrative / Suggestions / 1121
    Re: Language Choices and LUGNET —Tim Courtney
   (...) That could be overcome by a mechanism where admins can block a message from being downchecked. -Tim (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

        Re: Language Choices and LUGNET —Calum Tsang
   (...) That defies the purpose, Tim. That's still saying an admin, a person chosen for ambiguous reasons, should have power. Those reasons could be for being a loudmouth, for being the guy who happened to be there, the guy who other admins felt was (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

        Re: Language Choices and LUGNET —Orion Pobursky
   (...) True but it seems that (although I admit I have little experience with collaborative filtering systems) revenge and retribution would be much easier to pull off. For example, I dislike someone so in revenge I get 20 of my friends to downcheck (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

        Re: Language Choices and LUGNET —Todd Lehman
   (...) Some old-timers may remember (URL) this thread>. --Todd (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)