 Administrative / Suggestions / 1030
Re: Why these news groups were created
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 23:21:31 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, John Neal wrote:

   WHAT GRAPHIC CONVERSATIONS?!?!?!?

Please. Go do a search for “oral sex”, for instance, and you tell me.

http://news.lugnet.com/people/lgbt/?q=oral

Just because you find content in other areas to be objectionable is no excuse to lay it at their feet.

   LUGNET is not a sexetorium.

I’ll take your word for it, because I think you made it up;-)

Whoops, I spelled it wrong. It’s “sexiteria”. I was watching the TESB commentary when I typed this, so I couldn’t just pop in the first Futurama DVD.

   That’s not quite fair to say. I have always been a little uncomfortable discussing adult topics on LUGNET, but this was the proverbial straw that motivated me to begin this conversation addressing this topic.

And to lump in all of .o-t and .people with .o-t.d and .people.LGBT as being completely inappropriate for children? Yeah, that’s totally believable.

   is not a place for LGBTs to announce and describe their latest conquest, discuss which videos they’ve rented, or have online-sex. It’s a place where they can congregate and find comfort and support in dealing with the ill-treatment they receive from society.

Maybe, maybe not. I was curious, and so I asked what the purpose was for the group. HERE is the answer I got. It appears that the group will not be anything like what you’ve described.

It appears that the group is still defining itself, but the most relevent fact here is that the LGBTs have shown no indication that they are interested in filling .LGBT with graphic sexual content.