 Administrative / NNTP / 851 (-5)
  A possible enhancement idea

One idea I had that may or may not be a good one is this: What about having subsequent authentication emails put multiple authentication numbers into the URL if other posts from the same user are awaiting authentication? This way it would be (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Enhancement for us web-posters

OK, it's not really NNTP, but I couldn't find anywhere better to ask. Todd, any chance us web-posters could get a cancel button? Like you know, if I wanna obliterate that post I didn't read before I hit the dreaded "Post" button? I was thinking (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  OK maybe there's a plus to this authentication...

...it forces people to think at least a couple of seconds before they post - that's gotta be good! And Todd's even stuck a "let me think about it" button on the authentication page! Maybe it's not that bad after all! ROSCO (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

(...) If you automate the reponse to the authentication e-mail, all I have to do is spoof your identity as Mad Hatter has done several times. Because the authentication gets sent to your email regardless of where I post from, and your response is (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

Brad you rasie some good points, my take is that if you are being Spoofed you might not know it untill it's too late and someone has either ruined your reputaion or you seem to be held in low regard when you post and you don't know why because some (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact