 Administrative / NNTP / 792
Re: NNTP Posting Broken?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 14:28:18 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

Dan Boger wrote:

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 01:51:49PM +0000, Frank Filz wrote:
Ok, perhaps I'm overreacting, but it seems that NNTP replying is broken. A
reply to my own post seems to have just gone in the bit bucket. Hmm, I was
getting authentications almost immediately, now I'm still haven't got one for a
test post.

I've been able to reply via NNTP - in fact, this message is sent that way! :)

I have also posted several messages by NNTP, and I thought I had a
pattern established which was confined to responses to Todd's posts
(which could have been somehow tripping over the filter he put in place
so his ID couldn't be hijacked), and then a response to one of my own
posts went into the bit bucket. If random posts disappear into the bit
bucket with a high probability, I would say NNTP posting is broken.

Hmm, that one actually went through. Let's see if this response does.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com