 Administrative / NNTP / 768
    (canceled) —Fredrik Glöckner

        Re: E-mail authentication during posting —Frank Buiting
   (...) If you would have automated that process, that would make you vulenerable to identity theft. If someone would forge your ID the message will be accepted by a script that is not able to verify if you really wrote that message... -Frank (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: E-mail authentication during posting —Fredrik Glöckner
   (...) Of course it could verify that I wrote the message. I could add a seemingly random hash function output to the signature of my messages, or to some arbitrary "X-" header. Finding the function that generated the "random" code would require (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: E-mail authentication during posting —Dan Boger
   (...) I did write such a scripty, and I can email it to you if you want. What I did was just bind it to a key so I can auth a post without starting up a webbrowser. Let me know if you want the script. I do like the idea of the hash sig... or better (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)