 Administrative / NNTP / 739
Re: Posting via mail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 18:47:31 GMT

LUGNET Admin <admin@lugnet.com> writes:

p.s.  lugnet.db.inv isn't really intended as a discussion group -- it's
really for posting inventories and followups commenting on the inventories
(pointing out mistakes, etc.).  I guess the database group would be better
for full-on discussions.

The "database" group? Excuse my ignorance, but which group
would that be? If I read my groupinfo correctly, the is no "parent"
group to lugnet.db.* (no group lugnet.db):

ht@katzenminze%pts/4 (20:43) ~ > telnet news.lugnet.com nntp
Trying 209.197.110.217...
Connected to news.lugnet.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
200 lugnet.com NNTP[auth] server version 1.5.12.2 (9 Jan 1996) ready at Thu Apr 19 14:43:10 2001 (posting ok).
mode reader
200 OK.
listgroup lugnet.db
411 Invalid group name (not in active).
quit
205 lugnet.com closing connection.  Goodbye.
Connection closed by foreign host.

Just point me to the "right" group and I'll be happy to
set my Follow-Up-To correctly ;-)

Regards,
Hakan

--
"Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature"