 Administrative / NNTP / 738
Re: a thought about brickbay update postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 18:39:34 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Amy Hughes writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Larry Pieniazek writes:
all you need to do is set your skip filter...

Not everyone uses the same newsreader that you do.

How true that is! You are so correct. In fact... I'm not using a newsreader
at all. I use the web interface exclusively.

The filtering capabilities
of various programs varies a lot, and the web interface has no such filters,
AFAIK.

Check here:
http://news.lugnet.com/news/filter/

which, on reading it, does seem to imply that it doesn't work "everywhere"
only on the top level group. I don't care enough about this to actually test
it, because I don't see it as an issue, but you could give it a whirl if you
wanted to.

But I bet it could work everywhere if you asked nicely.

++Lar