 Administrative / NNTP / 681
  Re: Reducing the level of chatter in lugnet.lego.direct

Holy cow! I kept this message open on my desktop since it first appeared so that I could think about it and then remember to reply to it. It was message 317 in this group. The latest now is 680! Brutal. Anyhoo... (...) Todd, I agree 100% that the (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Reducing the level of chatter in lugnet.lego.direct

(...) ?? Suppose I posted a question about Castle which, to quote Todd's post #6 above, raised "Issues/concerns/suggestions which haven't yet been raised" ? The resulting thread, although about Castle, would of course live in .lego.direct. I think (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Reducing the level of chatter in lugnet.lego.direct

[I finally trimmed lugnet.lego.direct..., I just now remembered Todd's "Murphy's Law" post.] (...) Well, I didn't read anything in Todd's proposal that specifically addresses cross-posting or redirection. He only proposes what would be done for (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Reducing the level of chatter in lugnet.lego.direct

Well this is a first. Only part of this message got posted. LUGNET was extremely slow last night, bogging and timing out left, right, and centre. I never thought that only part of a message could end up being posted. Man I really don't want to type (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Reducing the level of chatter in lugnet.lego.direct

(...) It is strange. I checked the server logs and what's shown in the incoming webpage form log matches the message that appeared. In other words, what the server received when you clicked "Post Message" on the web is exactly what your browser sent (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Reducing the level of chatter in lugnet.lego.direct

(...) What browser was used? With Netscape at least, I regularly see it give up after a transaction is only partly done (I've never experienced this during a post, only during a read). The more I experience HTTP, the more I feel it's a broken (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)