 Administrative / NNTP / 67
Re: Newsgroup for LEGO "art" (was: Re: edy lego art)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 06:35:39 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
Having seen more of Edmund's creations, and noticing that the Mosaic Maker[1]
is gaining in popularity, and remembering Ashley Glennon's Minifig Museum of
Modern Art[2], I gotta agree -- a group dedicated to "art" could really help
all things LEGO-art-related take off and flourish.

Looking at the charters for .fun and .build, it would seem to fit in under
.fun more than .build, as .build is geared toward real "building" and .fun
is geared toward more "off-beat" and fun (non-traditional) ways to use LEGO
elements -- crafts, parties, games, etc.
[...]

I understand that you don't want to create .art (yet), because there
are already quite a lot of main groups in lugnet. And I agree that
.fun.art is the better choice compared to .build.art. In general art
does not necessarily has to deal with fun, but in case of Lego art I
think it mostly does.

eddy