 Administrative / NNTP / 624
Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 12:43:19 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Frank Filz writes:
Todd Lehman wrote:

This is important, yes, and we should talk about options that best enable
dissemination by LEGO of such information.  I would not be opposed to
deleting the lugnet.announce.lsahs group and moving its content to
lugnet.lego.announce or some new group, say, lugnet.lego.shop.announce,
and combine things a bit.

I'd recommend lugnet.lego.shop.announce (or just lugnet.lego.shop -
though that might invite discussion about LEGO shopping avenues.

Hmm, I just had an idea. Set one or more lugnet.lego.xyz.announce
groups, which only TLC can post to. Then have a sister lugnet.lego.xyz
group where anyone can post. To make it a little easier on the TLC
employees, automatically cross-post lugnet.lego.xyz.announce postings to
lugnet.lego.xyz, and set follow-ups there.

I like the format of lugnet.lego.foo only for official postings, with automagic
duplication into lugnet.lego.foo.d (iscussion) because I think it is more clear
than anything else would be.  But then you have a .lego.* group that we're al
posting to and I don't know if that's what you/we want.  I'm not sure that I
have the big picture of how these posting privs are working yet, but I do think
it's important to foster dialog between us and TLC, not just give them a way to
announce stuff.

Chris