 Administrative / NNTP / 61 (-10)
  Re: Newsgroup for LEGO "art" (was: Re: edy lego art)

(...) You could put them in as examples, but of course you cannot make an exhaustive list of what is art, that's just contrary to the nature of art. Maybe the charter should mention that the ordinary LEGO model doesn't belong there, as there are (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup for LEGO "art" (was: Re: edy lego art)

(...) Well, I'd be happy to see it in either place, but I think relegating it to .fun under the assumption that it is a non-standard way to use the Lego elements ignores evidence to the contrary in things like the Ultimate Lego Book, where folks (...) (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Newsgroup for LEGO "art" (was: Re: edy lego art)

(...) Having seen more of Edmund's creations, and noticing that the Mosaic Maker[1] is gaining in popularity, and remembering Ashley Glennon's Minifig Museum of Modern Art[2], I gotta agree -- a group dedicated to "art" could really help all things (...) (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: slrnpull and LUGNET?

(...) It was more or less random to me. I found no pattern, so I gave up trying to report it. Fredrik (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Setting the From: header in slrn

(...) makes sense, message-ids are supposed to be unique, i just wanted to change what part of the random id was. :) also, i'm curious as to the path stamp every message gets .. it seems most people have just '!lugnet', but others have '!lugnet!id'. (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: slrnpull and LUGNET?

(...) Did it consistently fail or succeed for certain groups or was it more or less random to you? --Todd (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: slrnpull and LUGNET?

(...) I haven't used slrnpull, but I have experienced the same behaviour with Gnus Unplugged. It would normally function just great, but some times it simply hung when downloading the articles in certain groups. I found some incomplete NOV lines in (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Setting the From: header in slrn

(...) As long as your newsreader (or posting agent/client) either leaves it blank or sets it to a unique value, it's OK. But it's not something to mess with in the same way that other headers like the 'From:' line can be messed with. IOW, the (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Setting the From: header in slrn

(...) i must have missed this message when you first posted it. what's wrong with messing with the message-id header? slrn took care of it for me on it's own, but now i let your server do the work. :) it's your server, so i'll leave it alone if you (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  slrnpull and LUGNET?

Okay, another slrn question, this one about slrnpull. I'm trying to spool LUGNET messages so I can read them offline. However, I'm currently having problem getting slrnpull to actually download messages. (2) I can see (1) that it connects to (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact