 Administrative / NNTP / 60
Re: Newsgroup for LEGO "art" (was: Re: edy lego art)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 20:39:12 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:

Looking at the charters for .fun and .build, it would seem to fit in under
.fun more than .build, as .build is geared toward real "building" and .fun
is geared toward more "off-beat" and fun (non-traditional) ways to use LEGO
elements -- crafts, parties, games, etc.

Well, I'd be happy to see it in either place, but I think relegating it to .fun
under the assumption that it is a non-standard way to use the Lego elements
ignores evidence to the contrary in things like the Ultimate Lego Book, where
folks from Lego use the bricks for all kinds of things, from mosaic pictures to
sculptures.

I don't really see the difference between "Building" a building
(lugnet.build.arch), a mecha (lugnet.build.mecha), an individual minifig
(lugnet.build.minifig) and a piece of artwork (lugnet.build.art?).  If
hierarchy maintenance is a concern, lugnet.build.art.mosiac or
lugnet.build.art.minifig-scale are pretty intuitive.

eric