 Administrative / NNTP / 602
Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 21:23:10 GMT

I can
understand your concerns, but this will blow over and communication with
LEGO will be much clearer and smoother when things settle down.  We may need
to take another look at the .lego.* layout of groups and optimize some
things.

Um, I still remember a time when a LOT of  AFOLs here complained about the lack of communication between Lego and us. Now, we should
be happy that some people of Lego Direct actually answer our questions. The particular question on the distribution of Kanohi masks
has been asked several times by several bionicle fans, most of these questions were asked in lugnet.technics.bionicle - and all of
us who asked these questions were nothing but happy to read a competent answer on this topic by Tomas. In my opinion the answer to
these question does belong into lugnet.technics.bionicle - in my view it kills a vivid discussion of the topic, when half of the
thread is located elsewhere.....
To me such information is very important, and even if this place has been established as a fan to fan site, I see no reason why Lego
employees should be excluded from the particular newsgroups. I just can't get it, sorry. I am happy if I get some information from
Lego, and I would try to do everything to make it easy for Lego people to post here. The opposite is happening...
I would like to cite you, Todd: people are always afraid of changes. Are you afraid of Lego undermining your site? I can only second
what others have said here before: this site has always been a site for Lego maniacs, and the pure fact that some of US do work for
Lego shouldn't exclude them from participating in our discussions. Please reconsider your policy in this case, it means much more
for some of us than you may realise.

brickhead