 Administrative / NNTP / 583
Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 17:33:22 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Tom Stangl writes:
I can say this - if Todd continues to make this a less and less friendly place to
be (and relegating AFOLs that happen to work for TLG to Second Class Citizenship IS
less friendly, not to mention asinine), if TLG does an endrun around LUGNET, I'll
use it and drop LUGNET in a split second if the TLG system is friendlier.

This is one more nail in the coffin pushing me back to RTL.  I'd rather have NO
rules and wade through too many useless posts than have too many rules (like this
one, that would force me to bounce all over different groups to follow a thread
simply because posters in that thread are AFOLs and TLG AFOLs).

Todd, I know you may think you are making things better, but all I can see is that
you are seriously #$()*ing things up.

Tom,
1) This doesn't relegate anyone to "second class citizenship."
2) If this had been done one year ago, at a time when Brad was the only LEGO
employee posting here (and posting to .dear-lego and .lego.direct only), I
guarantee you that not a single person would have complained about this
then, and no one would be now.  Human nature is to fear change.  I can
understand your concerns, but this will blow over and communication with
LEGO will be much clearer and smoother when things settle down.  We may need
to take another look at the .lego.* layout of groups and optimize some
things.