 Administrative / NNTP / 588
Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 18:06:43 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Eric Joslin writes:
[...]
[...] Your whims count for nothing, except inasmuch as you have more
influence over Todd than some of the rest of us do due to geographical
proximity and friendship.

This point seems to be lost on you.

Larry, what you wrote above to Eric is kind of insulting, and I think it's
backwards.  Eric and I happen to see eye-to-eye on a lot of things and it's
one of the reasons that we're friends.  We also happen to disagree on a lot
of things, and I think that's good.  Suzanne and I disagree on some things
too, and that's also good.  Other perspectives are good.  At any rate, I
think you may be looking at this backwards.  Two people don't agree with one
another because they're friends; they tend to become friends because they
tend to agree with one another on things (and have common interests, etc.).
If anything, Eric's "influence" in the past 24 hours has been extremely
professional and comes from experience as a telco vendor manager.  His
insights have been extremely enlightening to me.

--Todd