 Administrative / NNTP / 585
Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 17:45:58 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Larry Pieniazek writes:
It's HARD to toggle posting settings here. You minimise that as being
something that technically savvy people ought to be able to hack through.
But why force this on people? The answer is that it's only appropriate to
make things harder to use when there is a clear benefit from doing so that
outweighs the cost. If such a benefit exists, the inconvenience (and
rudeness shown TLC) is worth it.

You're absolutely right, Larry...you're absolutely right.  And thanks for
acknowledging the last portion of that above.  But let's try really hard not
to assume that the current state of web posting will necessarily still be
the case in the future. In a perfect world, I'd've liked to make both
changes at once, but it's going to be a two-stepper.

--Todd