 Administrative / NNTP / 550
Re: New Group Proposal - LUGNET.LEGO.QA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 00:47:02 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Eric Kingsley writes:
Well it may have been intended that way at the begining but it definitely >isn't
that right now.  I think if Todd implements the restrictions he mentioned >here:

http://news.lugnet.com/admin/nntp/?n=317

then there may not be a need for the group.  Right now though .lego.direct
seems to get confused by some people as .dear-lego.  It also seems to be a
place where people go to rant on occasion.

I just thought a place where there were heavy restrictions on who could post
and when along with making it a "one-stop-shopping" place for Q & A which is >no
longer possible in the themed groups.

Like I said I wanted this to be more of a brainstorming thread where we could
think of ways to improve 2 way communication while keeping the restrictions
Todd put in place in effect.

I personally love the fact that all offical LEGO posts will be made in
lugnet.lego.*  This makes it much easier for me to find these posts and
understand where the person (LEGO employee) is coming from without having to
try and figure out if it was a fan post or an offical "LEGO Position" post.

Eric Kingsley

I agree Eric. Recently I put a post about the lack of Blue 1 x 6 and 1 x 8
bricks available from Bulk sales at S@H, and some AFOL took the opportunity
to promote his Brickbay page. I just hope that LEGO realizes I cannot order
from this flogging American because I live in Canada and he ships US only. :-)

I posted to .lego.direct to get a reply from LEGO not someone else.

Jude