 Administrative / NNTP / 511
510  |  512
Subject:
New Group Proposal - LUGNET.LEGO.QA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 20:14:53 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Now we all know about the recent restrictions possed on LEGO employees posting
in an official capacity (which I agree with).  Now this suggestion does not
address all of the issues people against the idea might have but it does IMO
address one of the issues.  Namely LEGO not being able to address fan questions
in themed groups.

My proposal is to set up a new group LUGNET.LEGO.QA with the charter being to
be a location where Fans, that would like an answer to a specific question,
could pose (Q)uestions directly to TLC.  TLC employees would then be able to
(A)nswer questions there.

This group would have the restriction that fans could only make new posts and
not follow-up to a question by another fan.  This would help to keep the
traffic in the group down and keep the focus of the group where it should be.
It would also serve to keep threads from getting out of control and potentially
burying other questions where they might not be seen.

Again I know this doesn't solve nearly all the issues people have with the
situation but maybe it is a slight compromise to help resolve at least one
issue.  It's not perfect but maybe this can start some constructive
brainstorming as to how we can make the best of a situation that many have
problems with.

Any other ideas? (other then remove the restrictions, please assume the
restrictions will stay as they are).

Eric Kingsley