 Administrative / NNTP / 491
Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 17:46:37 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Eric Joslin writes:

Given what I know of Brad, I find it difficult to picture him going home at
night and puzzling over the best way to shape up his MOC.

Given what I know of Brad, I don't find it difficult at all. Not in the
slightest. Maybe you don't know him that well. Or maybe you're a better
judge of people, even with less data to go on, than I am. I don't think Brad
really wants his AFOLness bandied about which is why he didn't make a big
deal about it and why I let it slide the first time you brought it up. (I
confess, I was talking about Jake and Tomas and Ashley (who doesn't work for
LD) rather than Brad)

I work for an internet sevice provider.  I like the internet.  Were I in a
customer-facing part of the organisation, I would certainly make like I
thought the internet was the best thing since man created fire.

It wouldn't make me a "Fan of the Internet" though.

If you're working at an ISP and you're *not* a Fan of the Internet, consider
a different line of work. But I think you are a fan.

Not all companies employ only people who like their product. (Duh!) But
consider how much nicer a world this would be if that was a requirement for
employment. (for one thing, the tobacco companies would all shrivel up as
their workers all died)

++Lar