 Administrative / NNTP / 483
    Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings) —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Have you actually tried this process to see what a PITA it is? I suspect not. Once you try it, consider what it would be like to have to do it several times a day or more. I doubt you've considered that either. Computers *exist* to make things (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings) —Eric Kingsley
     (...) I know this isn't perfect but I would lit to make a suggestion. First changing setups for the web interface is a PITA, I agree with Larry on that. I did just try something using NNTP using Netscape 6 however that makes it very easy to do. In (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings) —Larry Pieniazek
     In lugnet.admin.nntp, Eric Kingsley writes: <snip NS 6 multiple identity info> Thanks for digging. Did you evaluate whether it shares "which threads and which messages have been read" across "identities"? If it does, it's broken and needs to be (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings) —Eric Kingsley
     (...) Well of your two choices I would say it's broken. Although I don't totally agree with that statement. Here is more info on Netscape 6... (URL) (...) Remember I am Eric, not Eric. I know its hard to tell the difference. Maybe I should adopt a (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings) —Dan Boger
   (...) I wasn't going to get into this, but why is it so hard? I've done it - you just set up your newsreader as your personal identity (since not a lot of people use news for work), and mail in your "official" messages... not hard at all, is it? Dan (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings) —James Brown
   (...) It is very difficult indeed for those of us who don't have access to standard NNTP ports through a company firewall. Darn tricky, at that point. I don't know if this applies to the LEGO folks or not, but it's something to consider. James (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)