 Administrative / NNTP / 486
Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 17:20:40 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Jude Beaudin writes:

Boo Hoo, LEGO employees have to change email addresses if posting officially
or not. STOP THE WORLD WE WANNA GET OFF!!!

Have you actually tried this process to see what a PITA it is? I suspect not.

I know this isn't perfect but I would lit to make a suggestion.

First changing setups for the web interface is a PITA, I agree with Larry on
that.  I did just try something using NNTP using Netscape 6 however that makes
it very easy to do.  In Netscape 6 you can set up multiple "identities" so you
can actually have multiple POP accounts working at the same time.  When posting
via the NNTP interface if you have multiple accounts set up all you have to do
is click a drop-down list box to change the sender to any of the set up
accounts.  Very simple and easy.

Of course there are problems with this.  It assumes that LD employees can
install Netscape 6 because they may very well have a different corporate
licensed browser.  It also assumes that LD employees are allowed to us NNTP
instead of the Web interface.

Anyway it is an option that is easy to use.  The question is if LD is allowed
to use the option.

Eric Kingsley