 Administrative / NNTP / 401 (-5)
  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) According to someone who worked for Ashley at LEGOLAND California, Ashley doesn't actually work for LEGO anymore. If other LEGO employees wish to post there officially, we'll reexamine the issue. (...) Try not to think of it as a restriction (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) Some disadvantages: - On browsers which present the newsgroup list as a hierarchical tree, it's nice to just skip the whole .loc hierarchy - An alpha sort of the newsgroups won't keep the loc groups together In fact, I've actually been (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) Yea, what about LEGO employees responding to questions in other groups for official purposes? What about lugnet.announce.lsahs? What prompted this change? Frank (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

  Re: I can't access LUGNET through nntp today

(...) hmmm... would that cause the 440 error (new users start here)? I've been getting that with slrn when I tried to post from home... and my !@#$!@ verison dhcp may or may not backwards resolve... Might that be the reason? Dan (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: I can't access LUGNET through nntp today

(...) That could be it. IIRC, the HTTP server doesn't do reverse lookups but the NNTP server does. --Todd (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact