 Administrative / NNTP / 306
Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 20:41:31 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman writes:
It's not -just- that, though...  It's also that we don't have any "on-topic"
type of debate group,

What about lugnet.general?  That's a basic group for talking about LEGO.  Human
interaction (in an NNTP type forum) only comes in so many flavors, and debate
is a big one.

I'm concerned about seeing protracted debates in .general or other places.
The .general group is (or should be) kept as "sacred" as possible as a
friendly meeting spot.  Well, .build should be even more sacred than
general, for that matter, but I don't remember seeing debates start in the
.build area.

Agree strongly.  Force it to include a price and be first come first serve,
and anything else by the definition of the Lugnet TOS belongs in Auction.

That sounds like a great way to define a straight sale!  Is everything else
though really an auction?

Uh.  I didn't say that everything else *was* an auction, I just said that
everything else *belonged* in auction.  Feel free to rename auction in that
instance as is appropriate.

I'm sorry, that didn't come out right.  What I meant was, if it belonged in
.auction and it isn't really an auction, then we'd need some other name
because .auction wouldn't make sense...which is what you just replied.  Any
suggestions?

--Todd