 Administrative / NNTP / 1612
  Re: Posting problem

(...) Todd, The message to which I was replying is: (URL) my reply is: (URL) it's got something to do with the length of the post? The original post I was replying to is quite long, but I had snipped everything... just thinking out loud... Thanks (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Posting problem

(...) No, the length wouldn't be the issue. If it's giving you an error message about making sure posting setup has been done, it means the 'From' line was somehow mangled. Unless(!) the webserver was unable to contact the NNTP server in those (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)