 Administrative / NNTP / 1566
Re: Why these news groups were created
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 20:15:58 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, David Koudys wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.nntp, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.nntp, David Koudys wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.nntp, John Neal wrote:

snip

   But isn’t that exactly what you do when you aren’t all inclusive of creating all groups for every group instead of a token few?

JOHN

However, if certain people are uncomfortable posting in .general groups,

Uncomfortable posting what exactly?

“Hi! I’ve made a new moc! It’s a train car and it’s all rainbow coloured! It’s somethign I decided to be creative with, and I wanted a symbol of my homosexuality.”

Tell me how that would be received in .general, or .moc or anything not .lgbt.

Well, are you talking about discomfort for the poster or the group reading the post? To assume that everyone in .general is a “homophobe” is a bit extreme. If don’t care for his post, he will never know about it if I post nothing in reply. Anyone can be encouraging of a gay; what a spurious thing to imply that only GLBTers would post approvingly! In fact, if someone did post a negative comment, I’m sure that many would rush to condemn that person and the original poster might even feel more affirmed as a result than if he had just posted to “the choir”.

JOHN