 Administrative / NNTP / 1525
Re: Serious group requests
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 07:51:40 GMT

I have a question / suggestion.

Why not change the default settings on the main message display list to include
only theme and local groups? The thought behind this is to create a kid-friendly
default view of LUGNET. I know this opens a lot of worm cans, but I wanted to
throw out the thought. Of course, this assumes that kids read LUGNET - is that
true?

For the record, I don't really care about the creation of the newest groups. I
didn't even find out about the groups until earlier tonight when someone told
me.

But I agree that the .people hierarchy should be moved under .off-topic - we are
really extraneous to the building process....  :-)

"People don't build with bricks, Bricks build with bricks"

Paul Sinasohn
speaking only for myself