 Administrative / NNTP / 1516
Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 00:04:18 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Matthew J. Chiles wrote:
In lugnet.announce, Todd Lehman wrote:

-> lugnet.people.kids (group)
-> lugnet.people.teens (group)

What a great couple of groups for people from NAMBLA or other pedophiles and the
like to cruise since they would blend in with the adults already using the site.
Time to get rid of that quote on the home page about it being "the friendliest
place on the internet".  Lugnet isn't even close to kid friendly anymore.  While
I can agree that we are all friends regardless, Lugnet is now also just a little
too dangerous.

The general public might think an adult site devoted to a childrens' toy a bit
suspect anyway. Who knows what they think about the Bionicle websites.

But since what is done is apparently done, I propose:

-> lugnet.people.pornviewers (group)
      All about LEGO® people who happen to like to look at pornography:
      Introductions, anecdotes, neighborly discussions, helpful advice, etc.;
      what it means to be a fan of LEGO® pornography; coexisting with people
      opposed to pornography; posts of LEGO® creations featuring sexuality
      and pornagraphic situations; etc.

I'm absolutely sure there is a very significant subset on Lugnet who would be
interested in this (I'll be honest - me included). It would be a great spot for
posting about the many, many times the subject has be depicted in LEGO®, and
anyone who didn't care for such a group can simply not subscribe to it or avoid
it.

The Brick Testament better watch out, or readers of the source material.

I wouldn't want my kids viewing such a group of course, but it doesn't deviate
any further from LEGO® than any of the other new groups... Lugnet just isn't be
an approved site for my kids to surf now anyway.

But if it is not too late... Lugnet needs to reconsider opening Pandora's box!
Instead Lugnet should be getting back to its roots as a LEGO® User Group Network
- not a network for the myriad of other Non-Lego groups that each of us can
identify ourselves as members of.

-Matt :)