 Administrative / NNTP / 1488
    Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT) —Rob Hendrix
   (...) OK I will. But to forward a request to you, in the mean time, that is still kind of related to this issue, - I have received numerous requests to ask for a .women newsgroup. Many women feel outnumbered here and there is some real talent that (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT) —Kevin Wilson
     (...) That's a really great idea, and I know that there are (sadly) women out there who do feel that way. (Comes under the heading of Why Didn't I Think Of That) Kevin (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT) —Terry Prosper
   (...) Todd, I think that a heterosexual newsgroup is needed to be fair. And if you were to create a newsgroup for women, a newsgroup for men should be required too. And since Lugnet is aiming to be something other than LEGO-related with these (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: 8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT) —David Eaton
   (...) I disagree-- it seems like heterosexual white males are by far the majority on Lugnet. As one of them, I'm not looking for a small subgroup to call my own. I expect you're not either. If I were a woman or gay or black? How easy would it be to (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)