 Administrative / NNTP / 1481 (-5)
  8 new subgroups of lugnet.people (Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, LGBT)

Eight new subgroups of lugnet.people have just been created: Kids, Teens, Adults, Singles, Couples, Parents, Support, and last but not least LGBT. CHARTER/PURPOSE ===...=== lugnet.people (group and hierarchy) All about LEGO® people (enthusiasts, (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp) !

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Because .people is still hetero-assumed. Just like every other group in the entirety of LUGNET. It's the same reason why we have Black History Month, Mother's Day, Father's Day, and Secretary's Day, when every day of the year is about whites, (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX)

  Re: Original list of LUGNET newsgroups from August, 1998

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman wrote: (snip) I remember some of these! (...) I think there might be merit in bringing back the "collect" ones, at least the root one and see if the subgroups pick up. There really isn't a place to talk about (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) What I don't understand is how .people doesn't fulfill this need already. And where else is there a group that caters to "like-minded" people? There are groups that cater to common interests, but I wouldn't call that "like-minded". Will there (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Lee: LUGNET newsgroup theory is all about identifying subsets of interest within the community and creating focused discussion groups for those subsets, both LEGO-related and non-LEGO-related; it's about creating and nurturing individual areas (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact