 Administrative / NNTP / 1474
  Original list of LUGNET newsgroups from August, 1998

Below is a list of all the newsgroups which existed on LUGNET six years ago, way back in August of 1998, during a very early testing phase, two months prior to the newsgroup system going live. I don't recall why so many of the .talk subgroups went (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

  Re: Original list of LUGNET newsgroups from August, 1998

(...) (snipped list) That gives some serious food for thought..... but (...) (URL) Awww...www!!!!!! I'm lobbying to bring back the lugnet.timmy.die.die.die, please reconsider! (URL) wink> Janey Blood "Red Brick" (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX)

  Re: Original list of LUGNET newsgroups from August, 1998

(...) (snipping all the forums so that the system will actually post my message) (...) Well, heck, what did I say about Todd Lehman would know best as to what is appropriate for Lugnet despite whatever I might think? Allow me to be the first to (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Original list of LUGNET newsgroups from August, 1998

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman wrote: (snip) I remember some of these! (...) I think there might be merit in bringing back the "collect" ones, at least the root one and see if the subgroups pick up. There really isn't a place to talk about (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Original list of LUGNET newsgroups from August, 1998

(...) I'm guessing it was called "timmy.die.die.die", since the "lugnet" prefix was added after the test period. Fredrik (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Original list of LUGNET newsgroups from August, 1998

(...) In the alpha phase (which this was), all the groups actually did begin with the "lugnet." prefix. That was later stripped in the beta phase, and eventually readded in October 1998 shortly after going live. --Todd (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)