 Administrative / NNTP / 1375
    Re: Important message for people connecting via NNTP —Thomas Garrison
   (...) Additionally (assuming that port 119 is permanently turned off) it would be a good idea to change "Setting up a newsreader" in (URL) de-emphasize port 119 and possibly provide links for how to use a non-default nntp port in various newsreaders (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Important message for people connecting via NNTP —Kerry Raymond
   (...) If the problem has gone away, is it possible to re-enable the port? I don't seem to be able to use the alternate ports, probably because of my organisation's firewall. Kerry (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.suggestions)