 Administrative / NNTP / 1351 (-5)
  Re: NNTP news server restarted

(...) Frank, I've been experiencing a high increase in the amount of such e-mails that I receive every day. In the past months, it had been around 5/day (spamblocks in message headers being almost innefective for the already harvested adress), now (...) (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: NNTP news server restarted

(...) The past couple days, my e-mail has been swamped with junk mail with huge attachments. I wonder if a similar virus situation is making NNTP attacks in addition to SMTP attacks? Frank (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: NNTP news server restarted

(...) There appears also to be a similar attack coming from another address in Wellsville, New York, the combination of which are still causing sporadic connection problems, although the system load is greatly reduced. If you get an NNTP connection (...) (21 years ago, 20-Sep-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: NNTP news server restarted

(...) An update: Although the above resulted in the server accepting new posts again, it was still running an excessively high load. The problem appears to have stemmed from someone in Toronto, Canada running a script which was making (and still (...) (21 years ago, 20-Sep-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: FTX & NNTP

(...) Yes yes yes yes... the FTX makes links in messages basically useless. I cant click on them anymore and instead have to manually cut and paste them into a browser :-( just my 17 Deniria (exchange rate, approximately US-Earth$ 0.02) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact