 Administrative / NNTP / 1351
Re: NNTP news server restarted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:06:29 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Frank Filz wrote:

The past couple days, my e-mail has been swamped with junk mail with huge
attachments. I wonder if a similar virus situation is making NNTP attacks in
addition to SMTP attacks?

Frank,

I've been experiencing a high increase in the amount of such e-mails that I
receive every day. In the past months, it had been around 5/day (spamblocks in
message headers being almost innefective for the already harvested adress), now
it has gone up to 80/day (!). Given the same situation is happening to a number
of other lugnet users too, I BEG for some guidelines to be issued by the admins
as to what we should/should not do about this.

Thank you in advance,

Pedro