 Administrative / NNTP / 1335
Re: BRICKFEST MOONBASE (follow-up count)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 01:28:44 GMT

"Todd Lehman" <todd@lugnet.com> writes:

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman wrote:
Only trouble is, it didn't recognize my signature file.  Signature files
should be treated as literal text when submitted using a newsreader;

I don't know about that.  You marked the content type, which applies to the
entire message body.  I'm not sure I want want to go out of my way to support
posting in FTX from an NNTP newsreader either, if doing so means making
kludges like that.  :)

Maybe we could define some optional add-on header that says, "Please interpret
my sig as plain text even if I'm posting in FTX from an NNTP newsreader."

If you're using NNTP it's very unlikely that a .signature file is
going to be FTX-safe....  I think that an exception in this case is
warranted.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by
little statesmen and philosophers and divines."        - Emerson