 Administrative / NNTP / 1291 (-10)
  Re: Announcing FTX for discussion groups

Quoting Todd Lehman <todd@lugnet.com>: (...) I, myself, wouldn't want to see *any*. An animated gif, no matter how small, is still terribly annoying. I suspect it won't be long before people have banners and avatars at the bottom of EVERY post, and (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Announcing FTX for discussion groups

(...) If there were a settting where you could specify not to embed images above a certain size, would that work? --Todd (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Announcing FTX for discussion groups

(...) Hmm...maybe Content-Type: text/x-ftx isn't the right thing to set. I didn't expect it to confuse NNTP clients...but now that you mention it, it makes sense. If it instead said Content-Type: text/plain what do you think would be a good header (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Announcing FTX for discussion groups

(...) I agree, while it's an interesting feature, I'd really rather there not be any images contained in lugnet posts. Is it really that hard to deep-link to a brickshelf image instead? It quite frankly draws your attention away from the text, and (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Announcing FTX for discussion groups

(...) Actually, could there be a cookie setting to turn them off (IE strip them out, not just show raw text) in the web interface? Personally, I never could stand signatures with images and all the other fancy, colorful junk that often gets thrown (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Announcing FTX for discussion groups

(...) I guess I'll reserve comment until I see how this gets used, but I'm really hoping it doesn't sound a death knell for use of news readers. One favor to ask though, while URL links show up as still clickable in a newsreader, all the nifty set (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Announcing FTX for discussion groups

neat - can we make something that will filter out all the FTX in mail and NNTP? Currently, all the new posts show up as text/x-ftx, and until I tell mutt that that's plain text (with some noise), it doesn't display it at all. But cool for the web (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Problems with Outlook Express and LUGNet

I no longer have this problem. Jaco (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.cad)

  Announcing FTX for discussion groups

I am very happy to announce three changes today to the LUGNET News web interface: Fixed-width font now used for plain-text messages. Once upon a time, when LUGNET first served up messages via the web, messages were displayed in a fixed-width font. (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish, lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX) !!

  Re: RFC: lugnet.build.aircraft

(...) If they're minifig scaled, can't they go in .Town, or maybe .modelteam if they're more detailed? I'm just thinking that .build.aircraft might be a bit specialized compared to stuff like .build.military, which encompasses military troops, (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact