 Administrative / NNTP / 1282
Re: RFC: lugnet.build.aircraft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2003 02:45:32 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, William R. Ward writes:

There is no appropriate place on LUGNET for Aircraft MOC's.  If they
are military planes, then they can be posted in lugnet.build.military,
but for commercial or private aircraft models there is no single best
place.  I propose lugnet.build.aircraft to fill this need.

     If they're minifig scaled, can't they go in .Town, or maybe .modelteam
if they're more detailed?  I'm just thinking that .build.aircraft might be a
bit specialized compared to stuff like .build.military, which encompasses
military troops, equipment, installations, fortifications, ground vehicles,
and naval vehicles in addition to military aircraft.  I mean, if there are a
bunch of civilian/commercial aircraft accounting for most of the traffic in
a more generalized group it certainly makes sense to specialize them into a
subgroup, but it doesn't sound like that's the case.  I'm not trying to
shoot you down, but my concern is that it feels a lot like asking for
.build.marvelcharacters when there's no .build.comicbooks to branch out
from.  Perhaps it could be expanded into something like .build.civilian or
.build.modern?