 Administrative / NNTP / 113
  Re: Noncompliant software (was: Re: Incorrect group posting)

(...) Beg all you want. You can't deny responsibility. You've been told what not to do, if you persist in doing it, you're responsible. Therefore you have control. (...) No company "has little or no need to use the internet". Not if it wants to (...) (24 years ago, 11-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... <snippedysnippy'o machine> (...) is (...) Could you please explain furter why this is neccesary? As a consultant in the business for 10 years I really have not found any evidents of trouth in this statement. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Noncompliant software (was: Re: Incorrect group posting)

(...) control. (...) no (...) Correction...What I meant was that most/all companies have no need to allow employees access to the internet. Maybe some want to try and entice people using the internet to buy their products by having a website, but (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Noncompliant software (was: Re: Incorrect group posting)

(...) Are you able to change your SMTP server, or are you forced by a firewall to use that one? Also, are you able to use telnet or ssh? (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Noncompliant software (was: Re: Incorrect group posting)

(...) Firewalled, I think...And when I tried using Netscape to use this SMTP server, I couldn't eeven sendd out... (...) Yeep, but not outside our collection of servers for telnet, other than that, I don't think so. (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.off-topic.geek)