 Administrative / General / 9820 (-20)
  Re: I am officially curious...

(...) Me too! Verification sucks. And just think, I'll have to verify this post as well :-(. It's not even like that many people we're being impersonated. Steve (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Images of the new 2K2 Line

(...) I wouldn't leak information like this on LUGNET. The administrators have explicitly said many times that information like this should not be published on LUGNET. (I would use rec.toys.lego :-) Fredrik (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Images of the new 2K2 Line

Play it like politicians. Put them in a secret place, say a page on your website that doesn't have a direct link to it, then leak the location to the press - Lugnet. Duq Michael Edwards <medwards@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Images of the new 2K2 Line

(...) I wouldn't mind a copy either ... (23 years ago, 7-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Images of the new 2K2 Line

(...) :) (...) I (...) Well some of the images that i have on Kanohi-Power may have been taken from the dealers catalogue but i am not so sure.. But the rest of this stuff is from the dealers catalogue (the blue brick banner on each row).... If you (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Images of the new 2K2 Line

(...) Email them to me personally;-) All seriousness aside, you were right by not posting them here on LUGNET. I guess the rest of us will have to wait a few more weeks.... -John (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.technic)

  Images of the new 2K2 Line

This time its not Bionicle.. I have scans of the new Technic 2k2 line which shows a new RC Control Unit for a "Super" Car? not as big as the 8448 or 8880 But i am not sure if i should post them, as with past problems with Dealer Catalogue images... (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Unexpected email

(...) !? (...) [snip] (...) what happened is that two people who are subscribed to the group you wrote to have bad autoresponders set up - I say bad, because a good autoresponder knows not to reply to list/bulk email. not much we can do from our (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Unexpected email

I posted to robotics (message 16674): reply to rcx 2.0 without power plug !? and I got two emails: One from: Georg Wolf georg.wolf@eurpoe.lego.com Subject: Out of Office AutoReply: rcx 2.0 without power plug !? Text: Dear Sender, I am out of the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Attributes of the IMG tag used in displaying the LUGNET logo

With respect to the LUGNET buttons available at (URL) I have discovered that Netscape 6 does not display the text associated with the alt= attribute but will display (in the manner that other browsers show the alt= text) the string associated with (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Clarification wanted re: sale posts in theme groups

Apologies to the horse for continuing to beat it, but I'd really like to see something definitive about this. Some say it's OK, some say it's not OK, but the rules allow it, some don't seem to care what anyone says. I've recently noticed a few of (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Suggestion: focus

(...) A nice suggestion, and it works well (for example) in Google's entry page (URL) but it wouldn't be a good default here, as it would disable scrolling with the up and down arrow keys when you enter a page, and that would really suck. --Todd (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Suggestion: focus

  Re: Search by name (yet another request)

(...) I agree. I think there is scope to overhaul the interface with the search engine here to make it a good deal user friendlier. Something in the format of the google "advanced" search would be good: (URL) like you say, it is a matter of (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Joining LUGNET

(...) Just be patient, things will happen. When I became a member last July, it took a full month between the time I applied and the time my name appeared on the members list. You have to realize that the LUGNET Admins are working adults with full (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Joining LUGNET

(...) Have you paid the memmbership fee? ShawnG (23 years ago, 2-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Curator database?

Ooops. Just noticed .curators - FUT there. (...) nice (...) (23 years ago, 1-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Curator database?

Are the current curators stored in a (the) database? If so, it'd be really nice to generate a footer for the main page of those with curators (similar to what Lar has at the bottom of .trains) with the name & contact of the curator(s). Also maybe a (...) (23 years ago, 1-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Curator for lugnet.trains

I agree with Scott. Don't 'mumble', just miss it out, it looks silly. David (23 years ago, 24-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Search by name (yet another request)

(...) I think that's a great idea! When I was trying to catch up on those debates, I found it really hard to find information on the posters and the subjects, using the main search directory. Most of the time it came up to irrevelent information. (...) (23 years ago, 1-Dec-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact