 Administrative / General / 9801
Re: Search by name (yet another request)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 18:00:19 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Shiri Dori writes:
Can we please have an advanced search capability to search by poster name
(or by "anyone but person X")?  I think it would help a lot, because:
1. I find it extremely hard to see if people reply to my posts, and often
miss out on important info because I forget to check the relevant groups. I
tried various search strings (e.g. +Dori -Shiri), but I always miss stuff
anyway. A poster-box would allow me to search for a string like "Shiri/
posted by anyone but Shiri Dori".
2. There are certain people whose inputs I appreciate, and it's interesting
to see what they've posted lately.

I think that's a great idea! When I was trying to catch up on those debates,
I found it really hard to find information on the posters and the subjects,
using the main search directory. Most of the time it came up to irrevelent
information. Some work on this would really help me to find information on
other subjects too.

M Hein