 Administrative / General / 9725
Re: E-mails from nowhere
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 10:12:32 GMT

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message news:GMsBBr.AKv@lugnet.com...
Just recently I've been receiving emails of messages I've posted to Lugnet
marked as 'undeliverable mail'.  Each takes the form of:

Now, could this SteveB have some arrangement to have Lugnet posts forwarded
to him?  And if so, why do I get the failed delivery messages, not Lugnet or
whatever proxy he's using?  Is this something Lugnet does, or is this
something he's set up himself?

I'd be grateful if anyone can help me out, as it's getting to be annoying.

Yes. I am getting the same thing.
I can only assume it is something to do with the way lugnet forwards those messages.
And that somehow ubisoft's mail server is figuring out that they originally came from us.

Notice that you only get this reply in response to the email YOU posted on lugnet.

lawrence