 Administrative / General / 961
Re: Oops! Stopping a cross-posting thread
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 20:36:24 GMT

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 20:18:02 GMT, Sproaticus <jsproat@geocities.com>
wrote:

Todd,

I think I caused a little faux-pas.  I responded to someone's posting in
lugnet.general, and since I felt it was something for the FAQ,
cross-posted to lugnet.faq.

Now anyone who does a respond-all will post a message to both groups,
when it would most likely be applicable to just one.

Hindsight being an exact science, I realize I should've probably set the
followup-to to lugnet.general.  (1)  However, now that it's already
happened, is there any way I can correct my mistake?

Well, you could cancel, and then repost. However, this is rather a
cumbersome process (or at least I've always felt so), and I think, in
the case of a single thread, where you've learned your lesson, so to
speak, you can leave it up to the discretion of the otehr readers to
snip the crosspost, if so desired.

Jasper