 Administrative / General / 959
  Oops! Stopping a cross-posting thread

Todd, I think I caused a little faux-pas. I responded to someone's posting in lugnet.general, and since I felt it was something for the FAQ, cross-posted to lugnet.faq. Now anyone who does a respond-all will post a message to both groups, when it (...) (26 years ago, 26-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Oops! Stopping a cross-posting thread

(...) Well, you could cancel, and then repost. However, this is rather a cumbersome process (or at least I've always felt so), and I think, in the case of a single thread, where you've learned your lesson, so to speak, you can leave it up to the (...) (26 years ago, 26-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Oops! Stopping a cross-posting thread

(...) If you catch the "mistake" earlier enough, you can go back and cancel the article after you see it appear, then re-post the corrected version. In this case, since someone has already replied, you wouldn't want to go back and cancel it or else (...) (26 years ago, 26-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)